Job SummaryHuber Engineered Woods (HEW), a division of J.M. Huber Corporation, combines its advanced adhesives and wood product technologies with state-of-the-art manufacturing capabilities to produce premium structural wood panel products. Innovative construction products like AdvanTech® subflooring and ZIP System® sheathing have changed the way homes and buildings go together. HEW brings together professionals with experience in research and development, product engineering and manufacturing to create products that solve specific problems. Our Corporate Office is located in Charlotte, North Carolina. HEW manufacturing facilities are located in Georgia, Virginia, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Maine. To learn more, please visit our website at www.huberwood.com. Provides leadership in the development and implementation of processes to continuously improve safety, increase productivity and ensure quality in an oriented strand board plant.
Location: Huber - Commerce, GA
1. Maintain expertise in all aspects of operational process as well as methods to improve processes. This includes, but is not limited to, electrical, mechanical, and information technology, product specifications, 6 Sigma, Statistical Process Control (SPC), Single Minute Exchange of Dies (SMED), Kaizen, 5S.
2. Monitor and analyze the root causes of significant production downtime in area of responsibility. Develop and recommend (through both written and oral methods of communication) options and courses of action to implement improvements to operational processes, reduce non-value added work and raw materials waste, and provide information and commentary pertinent to deliberations.
3. Lead Process Improvement meetings with operators in the area of responsibility on a predetermined schedule. Prioritize the noteworthy safety, quality, and production issues and develop projects to alleviate the concerns of the operators. Communicate the status of the projects to the plant staff and to the operators in follow-on meetings.
4. Formulate cost and expenditure estimates, including material and labor requirements, used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing and scheduling work for special projects; selection of vendors or subcontractors; continue to monitor and analyze project status at regular intervals for the duration of the project, making adjustments and resolving issues as needed.
5. Responsible for the safety of operators by using best practices and engineering processes to eliminate or minimize hazardous working conditions in area of responsibility. Uses the plant’s 5S audits to identify the hazards and develops plans to improve safety in the area.
6. Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
7. Performs other duties as may be assigned.
1. Bachelor of Science Degree in an Engineer Discipline – preferably Mechanical or Electrical
2. Basic knowledge of Six Sigma – preferably Green Belt
3. Experience in Lean Manufacturing and familiar with Lean tools, i.e.- 5S, SMED, Kaizen is desired
4. Self-starter, able to work individually as well as in a team
5. Leadership ability, can lead teams and facilitate meetings 6. Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
7. Prefer 1-3 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
Interested Candidates should apply through this web site or send resume to:
Human Resoures Department
1442 Hihway 334
Commerce, Georgia 30530
Or call: 706-336-3105