Innovation Development Manager
The Huber Innovation team is a collaborative group of interdisciplinary product development professionals who drive opportunities for growth based on understanding end customers and their needs. The team assesses markets and trends, identifies strategic arenas for growth, and conducts exhaustive customer research in pursuit of future business models and product platforms for Huber. The Innovation Development Manager will play a key role in leading these initiatives and the future growth of the company. The right candidate will have a strong balance of conceptual thinking and concrete project management skills, embrace open communication and collaboration in our matrixed organization, love the challenge of ambiguity, be a storyteller able to communicate a vision of the future, learn through experimentation, and drive to commercialize new products. The role will be responsible for managing innovation projects through various phases of the development process and will be the owner of the Huber Insights Council, a community of 1000+ building professionals.
Location: Huber - Charlotte, NC
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
• Collaborate with interdisciplinary members of the Innovation team to bring new solutions to market
• Support AdvanTech and ZIP System product growth by conducting project specific market research
• Lead onsite ethnographic research and user trials, identifying and validating customers unmet needs
• Develop business model and value proposition canvasses, assessing market/strategic/technical/financial fit
• Utilize storytelling and presentations to connect stakeholders’ needs with HEW future vision
• Manage and cultivate the Huber Insights Council community through regular correspondence, surveys and outreach
• Conduct initial screening of partners, startups and other investment opportunities
• Manage project specific timelines and budgets
Requirements & Preferred Competencies
• MBA and Bachelors degree (preference for engineering, business, economics or other technical major.)
• 5+ years of building industry/sector experience.
• Product development and/or project management experience preferred.
• Entrepreneurial in nature, passionate about creating new businesses, overcoming obstacles, and driving decisions.
• Natural creative problem-solving aptitude with strong analytical, strategic and critical thinking skills.
• Open-minded and optimistic attitude with a passion for learning and experimentation.
• Possesses organizational awareness, values people, and uses social skills to create needed connections.
• Ability to clearly, concisely, and effectively communicate, written and oral, with all functional departments.
• Self-starter who thrives on working through ambiguity to problem definition and ultimately customer solution
• Proficient in MS Office Excel and PowerPoint.
• Some experience with designing primary market research preferred, or an eagerness to learn
• Continuous interface with all core functional areas within Huber including: Innovation, Marketing, Operations, R&D, Legal, project teams, Sales, as well as interfacing externally with customers, industry leaders, trade organizations, etc.
• Perform as a business resource with technology partners & internal stakeholders, external business partners, vendors and suppliers.
• Develop and maintain strong professional relationships with project teams, business sponsors and stakeholders.
• Support new product development projects inclusive of opportunity definition, business plan, scope, requirements and execution.
• Manage projects to meet deliverables, budget, time and resources.