by showing us how you build strong with AdvanTech® flooring.
Upload your photos below, or tag #SendMeToIBS on Instagram or Twitter to enter our contest.
No purchase necessary. Click here for full contest rules
NO PURCHASE OR ENTRY FEE NECESSARY TO ENTER, PARTICIPATE OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS CONTEST IS NOT SPONSORED, ENDORSED, ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, TWITTER, OR THE NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF HOME BUILDERS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Please read these official rules and conditions of entry ("Official Rules") carefully as they contain important information about how the AdvanTech® Flooring Vegas VIP Build Strong Contest (the "Contest") will be conducted, including eligibility, deadlines for entry, and photo/video content. By participating in the Contest, entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules, including the decisions of the Sponsor and/or Administrator (including decisions with respect to the selection of winners and the interpretation of these Official Rules), which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon entrant fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. If you have any questions, or would like to obtain a sample of an AdvanTech® panel for use in your submission, you may write to:
Huber Engineered Woods LLC
AdvanTech® Flooring Vegas VIP Build Strong Contest Inquiries
10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 300
Charlotte, NC 28262
You must provide complete name, address and phone number with your request for a sample and allow 4-6 weeks for delivery. Sample provided will be a marketing sample (8" tall x 6" wide) of 23/32" AdvanTech® flooring, approved for Submission.
2. SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR: Contest is sponsored and administered by Huber Engineered Woods LLC, One Resource Square, 10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 300, Charlotte, NC 28262 ("Sponsor" and /or "Sponsor/Administrator"). Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend, extend or cancel the Contest (with or without notice) at any time in Sponsor's sole discretion and may, but is not required to, substitute another contest in its place. Sponsor further reserves the right to amend or change these Official Rules at any time, in Sponsor's sole discretion.
3. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open only to legal residents of the forty-eight (48) contiguous continental United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Alaska and Hawaii) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of entry (except that residents of AL and NE must be at least 19 years of age or older as of the date of entry) and who are professional builders or remodelers. Employees, directors, officers, agents, representatives and their immediate family members (including spouses, siblings, parents and children) and household members (whether related or not) of Sponsor, Irban Group, LLC, Pixlee, Inc., or any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents and companies involved in the design, implementation and execution of the Contest ("Contest Entities") are not eligible to participate in this Contest. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void wherever prohibited or restricted by law.
4. DESCRIPTION: Contest is a skill-based photograph/video submission contest. The Contest begins at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on July 28, 2014 and ends at 11:59 ET on October 31, 2014 (the "Contest Period"). Entries will be accepted through 11:59 p.m. ET on October 31, 2014 during the Contest Period. In addition to a Grand Prize winner selected at the end of the Contest Period, there will also be Monthly Prize winners selected on or about the following dates ("Monthly Prize Selection Dates"): September 1, 2014, October 1, 2014 and November 3, 2014. Entries for the Monthly Prize will be accepted through 11:59 PM ET on the day immediately preceding a Monthly Prize Selection Date. The winner of the Monthly Prize will be announced within 5 business days after each Monthly Prize Selection Date. The Grand Prize winner will be determined from among all of the posted qualifying Entries (including Monthly Prize winners) and notified by November 7, 2014. All winners will be notified via the platform on which the user submitted his/her entry (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, text message, email message). Entrants using social media rather than text, Sponsor website, or email entry will need to "follow" the Huber Engineered Woods (Product/Service) account on Facebook and the @HuberWood accounts on Twitter and @AdvanTechHuber on Instagram in order to receive these messages. All eligible photograph/video submissions (each, an "Entry" and collectively, the "Entries") will be displayed on Sponsor's web page.
6. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: Regardless of the method of entry, you will be required to provide and submit a completed Entry consisting of: a photograph or video as described more fully below ("Submission") (jointly, the "Entry"). All required information and materials must be included in the Entry to be valid.
6.1. Submission Requirements (all must be met):
6.2. Release: You must have the written permission from any identifiable person that appears in your Submission ("Participant"), who must consent to the grant of all rights to Sponsor for its unlimited usage. If you are the Grand Prize winner or if your Submission is selected for Sponsor's future marketing communication, you may be requested to obtain and provide releases from all Participants visible in your Submission. All Participants must be 18 years old or older.
7. RIGHTS IN SUBMISSIONS/PHOTOS/VIDEOS: By submitting an Entry, or otherwise publicly sharing any Submission, and in consideration of entrant's Submission being reviewed and evaluated for this Contest, each entrant hereby grants to Sponsor a non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, fully paid license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, sub-license, and display the Submission in whole or in part, without further notice or consent in any form, media or technology now known or later developed for any and all purposes without attribution (where permissible by law) including promotional or marketing purposes for itself of its promotional partners. Entrant hereby consents to the use and/or publication by Sponsor of the subject Entry, including written statements, photos, and/or videos, in connection with advertisements, promotional materials and other Sponsor publications without any further notice, consent, or compensation. Submission of an Entry grants Sponsor the right to edit, illustrate, abridge, modify, adapt and publish any or all of the Submission or any of the content contained therein, for any and all purposes without attribution (where permissible by law) or compensation to the entrant, his/her successors or assigns, or any other person or entity. Sponsor can republish and otherwise disseminate said advertisements, promotional materials, web site postings and publications. If requested by Sponsor, entrant will promptly respond and sign any documentation or take any action required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission or promote the Contest. Sponsor has no obligation to make use of the rights granted herein. Sponsor reserves the right to not re-post and/or take down any Submission at any time and for any reason. Each entrant warrants that his/her Submission is an original work, which does not infringe any rights of any third party, and has not been published previously. Each entrant further acknowledges that he/she has obtained all rights, permission and licenses necessary to use the Entry for any purpose, and that no Entry or any part thereof infringes any trademark or copyright or otherwise violates any party's right to privacy or publicity or any other rights.
8. CONTENT RESTRICTIONS: Your Submission MUST NOT contain any material that, in Sponsor's sole opinion:
9. Winner Determination: On or about each Monthly Prize Selection Date, and after the conclusion of the Contest Period, a panel of qualified judges (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) will select the best Submissions from among all eligible Entries received for that Contest Period, based on an application of the following criteria ("Judging Criteria"):
In the event of any tie during the Contest Period, the entrant whose Submission received the higher score in the Creativity/Originality category, as determined by the qualified judges in their sole discretion, will be selected as the winner from among the tied entrants. Sponsor reserves the right to not award all prizes, if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Submissions.
During the Grand Prize selection, a panel of qualified judges will determine the one (1) Grand Prize winner from among Submissions based on the Judging Criteria above. In case of a tie, the entrant whose Submission received the higher score in the Creativity/Originality category will be the winner of the tie and will be deemed the Grand Prize winner. All prize awards are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules. The decisions of the Sponsor and judges are final and binding in all matters.
10. Winner Requirements: Potential winners will be notified by Sponsor/Administrator by direct message via the Account used to participate within five business days of the applicable prize selection date. In order to receive any direct messages from Sponsor/Administrator, an entrant's Account settings must be set to "unprotected" and/or "public." Each potential winner will be required to respond to the message as directed within 24 hours after the date the message was sent, with the required full contact information, including a valid mailing address (P.O. Boxes are not permitted), email address, and confirmation of eligibility, as requested by Sponsor/Administrator, or he/she will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, fails to respond to the direct message with the required information within the required time period, does not comply with these Official Rules, or if a prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up for the prize selection period at issue, as determined by the qualified judges, in Sponsor's sole discretion, if time permits. Only 3 alternate winners for any prize may be determined, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded. Each winner accepts and acknowledges that Sponsor shall not be obligated to use the Submission and that Sponsor in its sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using the Submission. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder. Each winner will indemnify the Released Entities (as defined below) against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms.
11. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES: By submitting an Entry in the Contest, entrant represents and warrants that (a) entrant's Entry is original and created solely by Entrant and that the exercise of the rights granted by entrant to Sponsor shall not infringe on the rights of any third party; (b) the Entry, or any portion thereof, has not been entered in any other promotion or contest and is not subject to any lien or encumbrance; (c) entrant has the full and exclusive right, power and authority to submit the Entry, and to grant Sponsor and Sponsor's designees the right to present any portion of the Entry to the public, without further compensation; (d) no rights in any portion of the Entry have been previously granted to any other person, firm, corporation or entity; (e) the Entry does not contain material that violates or infringes another's rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement; (f) the Entry does not contain any brand names, advertising logos or trademarks other than Sponsor's; (g) if someone other than the entrant appears in the entrant's photograph or video, the entrant prior to submitting the photograph or video, has obtained permission and release to use such person's image in any and all media throughout the world without compensation and to assign this right of use to Sponsor; (h) the Entry does not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous; and (i) the Entry does not and will not violate the Official Rules or any applicable federal, state or local laws or regulations. Entrant hereby agrees to indemnify the Released Entities and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities and expenses (including attorneys' fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach or alleged breach of these representations and warranties.
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entry at any time in the event Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that the Entry is offensive, inappropriate, not in keeping with Sponsor's or the Contest Entities' images, or that an entrant has not otherwise complied with these Official Rules.
12. PRIZES: TOTAL APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE ("ARV") OF ALL PRIZES: $3,200.
12.1. MONTHLY PRIZES: Sponsor will award three (3) monthly prizes ("Monthly Prize"). Three Monthly Prize winners will receive an AdvanTech flooring branded Carhartt jacket (ARV $200.00 each).
12.2. GRAND PRIZE: Sponsor will award one (1) grand prize ("Grand Prize"): the Grand Prize winner and one (1) guest of their choice will receive airfare, hotel accommodations and tickets to the International Builder's Show Exhibits to the National Association of Home Builders International Builders Show® ("IBS Show") on January 20-22, 2015 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of Grand Prize is $2,600.00.
The package includes: (i) round trip, coach-class air transportation for 2 from a major airport near winner's home serviced by an airline of Sponsor's choice; (ii) 3 nights' accommodations at a hotel of Sponsor's choice in Las Vegas, Nevada during the dates of the IBS Show. (Cost does not include hotel expenditures such as Wi-Fi, high-speed internet, or in-room meal service or other meals); and (iii) two (2) IBS Show tickets (two tickets, two days).
Winner and guests must travel together on same itinerary. Travel must be round trip. Sponsor will determine flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. No changes can be made to travel once booked. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules and those set forth by the airline as detailed in the passenger ticket contract of carriage. Winner and guest will be responsible for bag fees. See airline website for bag fee details. Travel may not qualify for airline reward mileage. Stopovers/Upgrades/Waitlisting/Open Returns are not permitted. Standby travel is not permitted except as allowed by the airline's rules, for an additional nonrefundable charge (see airline website for fee details). See airline website for additional details on same-day flight changes. Schedules are subject to change without notice. It is the responsibility of the passenger to be in possession of all necessary documentation (e.g., acceptable identification) at the time and place of departure. The airline reserves the right to deny boarding to any passengers without proper documentation. If trip destination is less than 150 miles from the winner's residence, winner will be provided $200 in spending money for driving expenses in lieu of air transportation, and no other compensation or substitution will be provided. Sponsor is not responsible if any scheduled event is delayed, postponed or canceled for any reason and winner will not be reimbursed for event tickets. Event tickets may be subject to issuer's standard rain-check policies and procedures.
All expenses, travel, and other costs associated with prize acceptance and use not expressly stated in the package description above as being provided are the sole responsibility of winner, including, without limitation, ground transportation, meals, gratuities and souvenirs. If winner's guest is a minor (as determined by his/her state of residence), winner must be minor's parent/legal guardian and must complete required paperwork on behalf of minor, as applicable. Travel companion must execute any and all releases as may be requested by the Sponsor prior to travel for publicity photo purposes. Restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, vouchers or certificates will not be replaced. By accepting event ticket prize, winner and guest agree to abide by any terms, conditions and restrictions provided by the ticket as well as the venue. Failure to comply with these terms, conditions and restrictions may result in forfeiture of such prize portion. Sponsor is not responsible if winner does not use ticket on day of event. The ARV of travel may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and ARV. Terms and conditions of vouchers, and tickets apply. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made unless Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines otherwise. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) for one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Sponsor reserves the right to not award any or all prizes, if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Entries.
13. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Each winner will be notified within approximately 5 business days after the judging date. If the winner: (i) cannot be contacted within 24 hours after first notification attempt, (ii) rejects his/her prize, or (iii) fails to comply with these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited and the Sponsor may, but is not required to, select an alternate winner. The winner must complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release. Any other person appearing in the winner's Entry must also complete, sign and return a Talent Release. If the winner fails to return these documents within fifteen (15) days after the date of winner's notification, he or she will be disqualified and Sponsor may, but is not required to, select an alternate winner. Acceptance of the prize shall constitute and signify the winner's agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner's name, city, state, likeness, photo, Entry and/or prize information for any lawful purpose, including without limitation, for promotional, advertising or marketing purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the internet, without limitation and without payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law. Without limiting the generality of these Official Rules, the Grand Prize winner shall be requested to irrevocably grant, transfer, convey and assign to Sponsor the entirety of the rights in and to such person's Entry and all renewals and extensions of copyright, and the right to secure copyright registrations thereto in perpetuity including, without limitation, the right to use any or all of the Entry for any and all purposes in any and all media whether now known or hereafter developed, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity. The winner accepts and acknowledges that Sponsor shall not be obligated to use such person's Entry and that Sponsor in its sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using all or any portion of the Entry. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder.
14. PRIZE CONDITIONS: No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by the winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of the same ARV. Sponsor will report the Prize winnings to the appropriate agencies as required by applicable law. Winner will be required to submit valid identification to the Sponsor and to execute any tax filings or other documentation the Sponsor deems necessary to properly award such prizes. Failure to comply with these requirements may result in disqualification. Any applicable federal, state or local taxes and any other incidental expenses or costs incurred in connection with or incidental to receipt or use of the prize(s) are the sole responsibility of the winner, and Sponsor shall not be responsible or liable for expenses or charges incurred by the winner in connection with the receipt or use of the prize(s). The prize(s) shall be awarded "as is" with no guarantees or warranties, either express or implied. Sponsor makes no representations or warranties in connection with the Contest and the prize(s) and expressly disclaims all warranties and rights implied by statute or otherwise, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, to the maximum extent permitted by law. The winner may be required to complete, sign, notarize and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and a publicity release (where lawful) within the time period indicated on the prize notification, and failure to comply with such requirement will result in forfeiture of the prizes, with an alternate winner being selected as described herein. Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable if the prize is declined or undeliverable. The failure of Sponsor to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, act of terrorism, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of such parties (excepting compliance with applicable codes or regulations) or other force majeure events will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules.
16. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By entering this Contest, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor/Administrator, and/or licensee of Sponsor, Contest Entities, together with their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective directors, officers, members, shareholders, employees, representatives, agents, successors and assigns (collectively, the "Released Entities") from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind whatsoever arising from or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the Contest or from or in connection with use or receipt of the Grand Prize, however caused. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the winner shall indemnify and hold harmless the Released Entities from any claims or damages for bodily injury, sickness, disease or death or from any claims for damage to tangible property.
17. ADDITIONAL ENTRY RULES: Entries must be submitted completely in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple Entries are permitted. Use of any automated system to participate or subvert the entry process is prohibited and will result in disqualification and all associated Submissions will be void. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or damages Entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. The authorized account holder of the e-mail address linked to a valid social media account and submitted at time of Entry will be considered the entrant. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Website Account. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning.
Entrants agree not to upload post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Note: If you complete a Public Share or receive updates from any Website via SMS from your wireless phone, your wireless service provider may charge you for each text message or unit of data you send and receive. Please consult your wireless service provider regarding its pricing plans. You must be an active holder of a non-private Website Account throughout the Contest Period and for a reasonable time thereafter (for potential notification purposes) to participate in this Contest. All terms and conditions of Websites also apply.
Any questions regarding the number of Entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entry by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest.
18. DISPUTES; APPLICABLE LAW: All entrants and the winner agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Contest, or any prize awarded or the determination of the winner, which cannot be resolved between the parties, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association, then in effect. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will entrants and the winner be permitted to obtain awards for, and each entrant, and winner hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than entrant's and the winner's actual out-of-pocket expenses incurred by participation in the Contest, and each entrant and winner further waives any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of the entrants, the winner, Sponsor/Administrator, Contest Entities and Released Entities in connection with the Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of North Carolina, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of North Carolina or any other jurisdiction) that would cause application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of North Carolina. All entrants and the winner consent to the venue of the arbitration being Mecklenburg County, North Carolina.
19. WINNER'S LIST: To obtain a copy of a winner's list via mail, please mail your request, together with a self-addressed, stamped envelope, to: Huber Engineered Woods LLC, One Resource Square, 10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 300, Charlotte, NC 28262, Attn: The AdvanTech® Flooring Vegas VIP Build Strong Contest. Requests received after December 7, 2014 will not be honored.