Alternate operating strapper station and forklift in tagging, counting, and strapping units of finished OSB board for warehouse storage.
Location: Huber - Spring City, TN
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
1. Inspect strapping station for proper operating daily. This includes:
b. Tension Tool
c. 2x4 Runner Adjustment
d. Stack Heights
f. Must Perform Equipment PM’s as directed
2. Check Inventory of strapping, edge protectors, unit tags and skids (sticker) at the beginning of each shift. Obtain needed quantities from storage. Operate spray gun to paint logo on bundles.
3. Operate strapper to secure strapping around units of finished panels and monitors continuously (while operating), conformance with standards relative to:
a. Skid Placement
b. Strap Tension
c. Unit Tagging
d. Piece Count in Units
e. Adjustment of Bundles on Conveyors and Rolls
f. Paint Station
4. Notify and assist Saw Operator/Grader where deficiencies are noted so the problem can be corrected by:
a. Straightening Crooked Boards on Saw Line
b. Clearing Jammed Stickers
c. Feeding Saw Line with Takeout Material
d. Checking Grade Stamp on Boards
e. Cleaning Paint Station
5. Must train to fill in for saw operators during absences, vacations, and breaks.
6. Measure fluid levels, service and check forklifts for proper operating daily.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Preferred Competencies
High School Diploma or GED required. Powered Industrial Fork Truck Certified.
Work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions often exposed to heat, cold, inclement weather, grease, oils, dust and dirty working conditions. Work involves standing, climbing, walking on elevated catwalks and inactive conveyors, and occasionally lifting heavy objects (50 lbs. or more).
*Monitor air and water discharges from site to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and monitor process operations for evidence of excessive use of fuel, water, and other natural resources.
* *Ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, local and corporate environmental and safety regulations, and permit issues (air, water, etc.). Ensure that proper documentation is completed for any safety or environmental required monitoring in your area of responsibility. Report inconsistencies as appropriate.
*Attend all federal, state and company mandated training, read and comply with Job Risk Analysis (JRA) (formally known as JHA - Job Hazard Analysis or JSA - Job Safety Analysis) information that applies to areas in which you work, wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) while on the job, and report /or correct any unsafe condition that you may observe. Report all injuries to your supervisor immediately.
*Adhere to all Safety & Environmental Training.
Be aware of and know how to access the JM Huber EHS Policy, the Minimum Mandatory Standards and Requirements (MMSR’s) and HEW Environmental, Health, and Safety Management System (EHSMS) procedures. Comply with MMSRs and HEW EHSMS procedures and report all non-conformances to your supervisor or manager.
*Incorporate environmental, health and safety requirements into every day decision making.
Assist as required in the development and administration of environmental, safety and health policies and programs. Lead efforts to increase continuous safety and health environmental conscientiousness, identify potential hazards, investigate safety and/or environmental incidents and initiate necessary changes identified through “near hit” incident investigations. Thoroughly investigate any work-related injuries and record it appropriately. Plan, develop and lead safety and environmental awareness meetings. Ensure that the personnel, activities, equipment, and areas under your management are in compliance with applicable federal, state, local and corporate regulations and policies.
Refer to J.M. Huber Corporate EH&S Policy in your employee hand book (beginning on page 61) for further details regarding policy, implementation, responsibility and authority. Questions regarding EH&S compliance should be directed to your manager, team leader, environmental or safety manager.
EH&S compliance is a condition of employment. EH&S violations may result in disciplinary action up to and including discharge.
Huber Engineered Woods is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, genetic information, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
To formally apply for this position you must go to one of these Tennessee Career Centers:
Dayton Athens Cleveland Seq/Bledsoe Roane
200 4th Avenue 410 N. Congress Pkwy 3535 Adkisson Drive 15643 Rankin Avenue 1082 N Gateway Ave
Dayton, TN 37321 Athens, TN 37303 Cleveland, TN 37312 Dunlap, TN 37327 Rockwood, TN 37854