Sales Support Specialist
Huber Engineered Woods is an award winning manufacturer of innovative Oriented Strand Board building products. The Inside Sales Department is looking for an individual to join our fast paced environment. This position will require a sales, technical, analytical and marketing skill set. In the role of an Inside Sales Representative the individual will be responsible for account management, sales growth, supporting an outside sales team, monitoring market conditions and contribute in delivering key business objectives. This individual must be a highly motivated self-starter who is able to handle a changing market dynamic. A self-motivated individual with the personality to working within a team oriented environment will excel in this position. This position will report to the Inside Sales Director and is located in Charlotte, NC.
Location: Huber - Charlotte, NC
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage weekly customer performance.
• Mange sales of open market commodity
• Support Inside Sales Team by assisting with decision making
• Support sales and marketing initiatives
• Learn the housing, economic and market conditions that impact our business.
• Participate in education of Huber Engineered Woods’ products and future innovations
• Understanding of changes in building practices
• Process information required for multifamily/light-commercial job quotes.
• Support Outside Sales, National Accounts, Marketing, Logistics and Production with daily business initiatives
• Assist with administrative duties, pricing communication, reporting, check requests, and Oracle system alerts
• Process customer orders for Oracle entry and assure order accuracy.
Strategic and Technical Knowledge Competencies:
• Basic knowledge of the channel segments in the building materials industry.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to handle customer objections in a professional and competent manner, while maintaining composure under pressure
• Strong organizational skills, problem solving ability, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize time and workload during peak periods
• Well developed communication skills, both spoken and written, and the ability to grow customer relationships over the phone and email
• Support customer's buying decisions and sell value added premium products based upon a strong grasp of economic fundamentals like price, cost, margin, working capital
• Proficient computer skills and the ability to utilize spreadsheets to assess sales, identify inventory shortages, and track contract performance
• Ability to learn from and communicate well with other departments including logistics, marketing, planning, and production
• Ability to operate in an open team-oriented work environment.
• Minimum 4 Year Bachelor’s Degree accredited institution.
• Wood Science, Forestry or Engineering degree a plus.
• Proficient with computers, and software applications. Knowledge of Oracle a plus.
• Strong interpersonal, problem-solving, and communication skills
• Wood Products or Building Products industry experience would be an asset
• Commitment to work place safety
• Minimal travel required
• Based in Charlotte, NC sales office