Innovation Project Specialist
The Huber Innovation team is a collaborative group of cross-functional product development professionals who drive opportunities for growth based on understanding end customers and their needs. The team assesses markets and trends, identifies strategic arenas for growth, and conducts exhaustive customer research and technology development in pursuit of future business models and product platforms for Huber. The Innovation Project Specialist will play a key role in supporting these initiatives and the future growth of the company. The right candidate will have a strong balance of conceptual thinking and concrete project management skills, embrace open communication and collaboration in our matrixed organization, love a challenge, strive for learning through experimentation, and drive to get things done. The role will be responsible for managing progressively more challenging innovation projects through various phases of the development process.
Location: Huber - Charlotte, NC
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
• Collaborate with interdisciplinary members of the Innovation team to bring new solutions to market
• Research building industry and adjacent industry trends using primary and secondary sources as well as field work.
• Scout, assess, and evaluate viability of potential new markets and technologies that build on HEW Core Competencies.
• Build prototypes and test with users, collecting voice of the customer through interviews and ethnography.
• Drive product definition based on material testing and voice of customer research.
• Curate a quarterly Innovation communication for HEW (e.g. podcast, newsletter, etc.)
• Make presentations—answering questions and instilling confidence
• Manage project specific timelines and budgets.
Requirements & Preferred Competencies
• Bachelors degree, all interdisciplinary majors encouraged to apply.
• Project management experience preferred.
• 3+ years of building industry/sector experience.
• Open-minded and curious by nature, passionate about learning new skills and applying them to solve customer problems.
• Entrepreneurial spirit and optimistic attitude.
• Problem solver with strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Possesses organizational awareness, values people, and uses social skills to create needed connections.
• Ability to clearly, concisely, and effectively communicate, written and oral, with all functional departments.
• Experienced with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Act as an interface with all core functional areas within Huber including: Innovation, Marketing, Operations, R&D, Legal, project teams, Sales, as well as interfacing externally with customers, industry leaders, trade organizations, etc.
• Perform as a business resource with technology partners & internal stakeholders, external business partners, vendors and suppliers.
• Develop and maintain strong professional relationships with project teams, business sponsors and stakeholders.
• Support new product development projects inclusive of opportunity definition, business plan, scope, requirements and execution.
• Manage projects to meet deliverables, budget, time and resources.