Regional Technical Manager - Central/ North Florida
The Technical Services Team is the arm of Huber Engineered Woods that is responsible for communicating proper installation practices of our AdvanTech and ZIP System brands of building products. We are a team of problem solvers that enjoy the every-day interaction with customers helping them build better homes, apartment buildings, townhouses or other similar types of structures. To be a part of the Technical Team, one must enjoy consulting with people over the phone, via email, on job sites, at tradeshows and sometimes at their office. In addition to great people skills, this role will require some independent work as well. Creating installation instructions, drawing AutoCAD and/or Sketchup™ details, crafting Technical communication document, and assisting with training and educational programs are just some of the types of work we do here at Huber Engineered Woods.
Location: Huber - Jacksonville, FL
Purpose of Job:
The Regional Technical Manager (RTM) will be passionate about influencing the proper installation of HEW specialty products and advancing our sales and business development efforts. The RTM will establish productive relationships with local Building Officials, Professional Designers, Water Management Consultants and other key market participants who can slow-down or block sales momentum of HEW specialty products. This role will be responsible for extending HEW influence deeper into the value chain by targeting installers, and other stakeholders who influence the installation and specification of HEW products. The Technical Sales team will be positioned as a credible, trusted, in-market technical consultants.
The Regional Technical Manager will work closely with the Strategic Builder and Business Development Managers to ensure the proper installation training and education activities support regional sales goals. The successful candidate will continually identify the biggest opportunities to add-value, lead by example, not walk past a mistake, get things done and be a trusted technical adviser.
The role will be responsible for actively promoting installation best practices and removing barriers to specification & trial. The successful candidate will demonstrate a willingness to learn and actively look for opportunities to assist stakeholders
Dimensions of Job:
• Manage the Florida region for greatest positive impact in removing barriers to trial and improving the installation quality of HEW specialty products.
• Be a liaison with Regional Sales, Business Development and Strategic Builder Managers to creatively explore ways to increase the scale, reach and industry impact of the field technical sales position.
• Identify common themes and implement metrics for measuring HEW sales outreach and product installation improvement.
• Implement metrics for tracking and persuading the behavior of key influencers.
• Present training content for target stakeholder audiences
• Recognize industry trends that could shape the overall strategic direction and regional focus of the field technical sales team (i.e., Net Zero Energy, Off Site Construction, etc.)
• Collaborate with Business Development and Strategic Builder managers to formally prioritize interactions with key targets
• Leverage SalesForce.com for linkages to observation reports and ZIP System Product warranties.
• Explore opportunities to increase the reach and scale of the field technical sales team
• Promote continuous improvement in all phases of field technical sales activity
• Managing scarce time for greatest impact
• Influencing and rewarding high-quality installation practices
• Managing multiple, sometimes conflicting, priorities
• 75%+ travel.
Specialized or Technical Knowledge/Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree (preference for Construction Science, Engineering, or other technical degree)
• 5-10 years of building construction/design/sales experience.
• Strong understanding of light-frame construction components, claddings, MEP systems and overall construction sequencing
• Strong communication skills in educating technical messages to technical and non-technical audiences
• Thorough understanding of jobsite field verification testing (air leakage, bulk water, energy model testing)
• Working knowledge of National and Regional Building Codes, Energy Codes, Green programs and Sustainability requirements
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Self-starter with high focus on quality, customer service and attention to detail.
• Strong presentation and public speaking skills and selling background/skills
• Strong understanding of Building Science principles including forms and functions of all control layers
• Willingness to continuously learn through internal and external training. (HERS training, Building Science education, CSI, CDT, etc.)
• Ability to clearly, concisely, and effectively communicate, written and oral, with all key influencers.
• Experienced with the MS Office products including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Working knowledge of SalesForce.com.
• Multi-lingual, Spanish/English speaking and writing is a plus