Product Application Engineer/Specialist
The Product Application Engineer/Specialist is an entry level position within Huber’s Technical Services team and will be based out of the corporate office in Charlotte, NC. The successful candidate will contribute to outstanding customer service through phone, email and other customer interactions.
Location: Huber - Charlotte, NC
1. Customer Support
• Respond to customer technical inquiries via email and phone.
• Work with field sales teams at job sites, tradeshows and customer visits.
• Draft formal technical letters
2. Technical Content Creation/Management
• Create technical documents addressing specific product applications
• Manage a database of technical document collateral on all HEW websites.
• Create and update AutoCAD and SketchUp ™ installation details
• Collaborate with Marketing Team to create and proof product literature.
3. Training and Education
• Assist in the research, development and implementation of training and continuing education offerings.
• Assist in hosting educational presentations for customers and new hire trainings
• Design and creation of props and demonstrations for training presentations.
• Provide input and administrative support for educational initiatives supporting our field sales teams.
• Manage educational development projects that support our departmental initiatives.
4. Travel up to 30%.
5. No direct reports
6. This position is based in Charlotte, North Carolina
• Minimum 4-year degree in an engineering, construction or other related field.
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Good knowledge of Access a plus.
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Exceptional written, oral and presentation skills.
• Must be passionate about solving problems and helping customers.
• Must have a strong “can do” work ethic, positive attitude and team mentality.
• Must enjoy working with people and individually. This role will be a good mix of team and solo projects.
• Self-starter with high focus on quality, customer service and attention to detail.
• Enjoys supporting & facilitating the success of others
• Has a training mindset-enjoys helping others learn
• Can convey technical concepts to non-technical audiences in creative ways
• Basic knowledge of AutoCAD.
• Basic knowledge of 3D modeling or BIM
• Experience in wood construction or engineering