Technical Specialist and Help Desk Intern
This internship serves to provide the incumbent with real world experience within an IT department, assisting the help desk lead with the duties and responsibilities listed below. The intern will assist in documenting help desk processes and other major projects as assigned.
Location: Huber - Charlotte, NC
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
1. Maintain and upgrade PC software and operating systems.
2. Install and configure desktops, laptops, tablets, printers, mobile, and telephone/video equipment according to company standards.
3. Assist help desk tech with iOS compliance.
4. Assist in establishing and ensuring compliance with help desk processes, procedures and standards.
5. Assist in the compliance with company-wide lease procedures.
6. Assist in documenting help desk process and procedures.
7. Maintain inventory of IT hardware and software.
8. Provide backup support with client software installs and connectivity.
9. Maintain network accounts to include, but not limited to: new user network accounts, telephone systems, telephone switch software, desktop phones, telephone extensions, voicemail and email.
10. Perform and assume other duties and responsibilities as may be required at the direction of the IT Management.
Requirements & Preferred Competencies
• Pursuit of an IT related degree.
• Exceptional customer service skills and attitude.
• Excellent communication skills (written & verbal) with attention to detail.
• Proven, logical troubleshooting skills.
• Manufacturing experience is a plus.
• Experience with the following products is a plus: MS Office, Outlook/Exchange, iOS Devices, Tele/Video communication systems, McAfee, Dell PCs, Oracle software, other standard Microsoft products, AD User administration, VPN, Cisco etc.
• Scheduling tasks around work hours.
• Collecting and refreshing help hesk metrics and measurements.
• Establishing and maintaining effective communication with users and managers across multiple locations.
• Keeping up with user requests and anticipating user needs across multiple locations.