Direct and control the electrical maintenance for the plant systems, ensuring adequate and trained personnel and materials are available to keep the plant operating efficiently with minimum downtime.
Location: Huber - Broken Bow, OK
•Reviews maintenance requests and assigns work and priorities to maintenance personnel.
• Responsible for training and supervision of maintenance personnel. Ensures that electricians are properly trained in proper maintenance and repair of new technologies and equipment; informs employees of new plant policies and procedures, and ensures these are implemented; assists with maintenance repair problems; monitors and evaluates employee performance.
• Familiar with OSHA Action Plan and conducts training. Audits plant fire protection system. Sees that designated areas are maintained with hoses, firewater pumps and hydrants; assists in ongoing training of fire brigade members on each shift; periodically inspects plant for compliance and maintains related records required by company, state, and federal regulations.
• Protects the safety of human and capital resources by ensuring that electrical staff are adequately trained on the electrical maintenance of the fire system.
• Recommends changes in maintenance crew and deals with problems concerning promotion, transfer, absenteeism and training.
• Assists purchasing with the development of an effective parts and supplies control system to maintain an adequate inventory of electrical spares at minimum cost.
• Recommends changes in operating procedures to improve efficiency and safety of equipment operation.
• Maintains a preventative maintenance program to reduce downtime.
• Maintains record systems to pinpoint problem areas and initiate prompt corrective action.
• Contributes to the development and implementation of an effective safety program. Investigates all accidents or significant incidents, and makes recommendations to the Maintenance Superintendent. Maintains good housekeeping in department.
• Work with production supervisors to promote smooth operations and maximum efficiency of the plant.
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Preferred Competencies
• A.S. or B.S in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering and 3 or more years experience in a manufacturing environment
• Proven track record of successfully leading an electrical maintenance team
• PLC Systems experience
• Interactive graphic system experience
• Computer systems experience
• Knowledge of plant processing and equipment (wood products a plus)
• Ability to use spreadsheets and word processing software
• Develop and train maintenance personnel to effectively perform their jobs
• Ensure maintenance of plant electrical reduces production unit malfunctions to hold downtime to a minimum
• Prevent employee accidents
• Maintain good employee relations and morale