Human Resources Representative
Job SummaryCompany Overview: Successful Creativity is a fundamental principle at Huber Engineered Woods. We search for new ways to solve problems. We never settle for the expected or accepted norm, and always search for methods that will help us deliver the highest quality products and service possible. It's a different way of doing business. Not just innovative thinking, not simply maverick approaches, but creativity that makes a difference. With a dedicated R&D Group, we develop products to solve specific problems and to meet specific customer needs. We operate under a philosophy of continuous improvement in quality products, and value customer input, seeking their ideas on product enhancements or new products needed to fill market voids. Imagine a company that consistently surprises its customers with innovative products yet keeps those products affordable. People want to do business with a company they can trust to help them resolve problems and deliver on their promises. Headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., Huber Engineered Woods has manufacturing operations in Maine, Georgia, Virginia, Tennessee and Oklahoma, as well as Research and Development facilities in Georgia. For more information, visit www.HuberWood.com. We are currently seeking a Human Resources Representative at our Commerce, Georgia facility, which is located about 20 minutes from Athens, Georgia.
Location: Huber - Commerce, GA
The Human Resources Representative will contribute to the creation of a productive and effective work environment by providing support and knowledge of the following Human Resources functional areas: workplace planning and employment, Human Resources development, recruiting, orientation and on boarding, compensation and benefits, succession planning, performance management, HRIS management, payroll, employee and labor relations, occupational health & safety, training, security, HR law, wellness, budgeting, workers compensation, and strategic management.
1. Meets staffing needs by attracting, screening and presenting qualified candidates to managers; participates in the interview and selection process.
2. Ensures that employees are paid correctly and in a timely manner by maintaining payroll operations and resolving payroll discrepancies through the use of current and emerging technologies.
3. Supports operational efficiency and effective planning by maintaining the Human Resource Information System (HRIS); retrieving data as needed; analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
4. Maintains open communication channels with employees and managers by developing and presenting training programs (for both formal and informal settings); answering questions; explaining policies and procedures regarding HR, payroll and benefits issues.
5. Confirms effectiveness of HR/payroll policies and procedures by monitoring and reporting on a wide range of HR functions such as the maintenance of job requirements, job descriptions, performance appraisals, development plans, pay rules, and payroll processing guidelines.
6. Maintains employee confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
7. Complies with Federal, State, and local employment law by following policies and procedures.
8. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
The successful candidate will have a BS in Human Resources or Management. Will need to be organized, proficient in Microsoft Office, and have excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. Be expected to handle confidential information daily and will also need to navigate between being friendly, managing work place relationships, and establishing/gaining respect from all employees. Preferred 0-2 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment, but not required. PHR/SHRM-CP Certifications a plus.
J.M. Huber Corporation – HEW offers an excellent salary and outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, team pay, profit sharing, 401(k) with match, retirement, paid vacation, holidays, and tuition reimbursement.